04 July 2009

Jost Van Dyke to Tortola

We leave White Bay quite early and head over to Cane Garden Bay where Amy, Linda, Heather and Joe are going to spend the last few days of their holiday.

On the way over, we spot lots of boats at Sandy Cay, and Mike realises that it is the HIHO wind surfing competition.

IMGP1615Photo:  Windsurfing competition from Sandy Cay

When we get to Cane Garden Bay, the girls all help turn the boat around by cleaning their rooms and toilets, leaving me just the central area and the laundry.

We say goodbye and Mike takes them to the dinghy dock so they can find their way to their apartments.  I am sad to see them go but have no time to dwell on things as there is so much to do.

We sail around to Road Town, and moor up, as usual, at Inner Harbour Marina.  I immediately go over to Supa Valu to get the chicken and seafood and find that it is closed.  Disaster!  Bobby’s does not have what I want – I will just have to hope that Supa Valu is open tomorrow.

Mike helps me take the two huge bags of washing round to Freeman’s Laundromat.  Now, here is proof that my life is not glamorous.

IMGP1623 Photo:  Freeman’s Laundromat, Road Town

IMGP1622 Photo:  This is where I spend many a sweaty hour with Marjorie and the mosquitoes!

While I am doing the laundry, Mike changes the filters on the watermaker then comes to help me carry it all back.  On the way to the boat, Heather and Joe drive up, lost, looking for Spaghetti Junction.  They drive me and the laundry bags to the marina and we have another hug and kiss goodbye.  I would love to have dinner with them but we have too much to do and anyway, are both so tired that we relish the thought of an early night.

Mike makes curry but as we have yet again run out of water (and cannot make it in the marina) we will have to wait until tomorrow morning when we fill the tanks from the dock to do the washing up.  What a wonderful excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment