13 July 2009

Cane Garden Bay to Peter Island

It rains heavily during the night and this contributes to Mike and I both having a bad night’s sleep.  However, the weather clears up during the early morning and we motor gently round to Road Town.

I decide to do just a tiny bit of nude sunbathing as there are no other boats around.  Just as we turn the corner at Steel Point, I hear a load of whooping and look up at the villa to see a group of people standing on the veranda peering down at my naked bottom.  Thankfully I am lying on my tummy.  I even see a camera flash twice.  These people would be in seventh heaven if they went on holiday to one of the French Caribbean Islands or Europe!  I am not blasé enough to wave, so I just pull my sarong over me and ignore them.  Peasants!

The ride round to Road Town is far less bumpy than usual thankfully.  Anchoring just inside the breakwater at Wickhams Cay, we trundle off to go to the dermatologist, Dr Geronimo Jones.  What a wonderful name.  I have a pale mole thing on my forehead, just by the hairline, which seems to have grown and darkened over the recent weeks and I want to get it checked out. 

Dr Jones has been recommended as being a good doctor and a good looking one at that, so on goes the lip gloss and mascara – must make a good impression!  I am seen quickly and my mind is put at rest immediately.  I can’t remember what he called the thing but it had the word ‘benign’ at the beginning and that is all I need to hear.  He asks me if I want it removed, and when I say yes, I am immediately ushered into another room, a needle full of local anaesthetic is whipped out and the next moment there is a smell of burning flesh and it’s gone.  He assures me that if I leave it alone, just putting an antibiotic cream on it twice a day, the black burn mark will disappear within two weeks.  I quite like it.  It looks like a beauty spot!

Mike and I do a little shopping in Bobby’s and visit immigration to discuss getting our $3400 cash bond back now we are not working in the BVIs any more.  In fact, by the end of the first week in August, we will be holidaying in St Martin and the surrounding islands with friends and family.

We then motor over to Great harbour, Peter Island for the evening.  We have a lovely meal of Caesar salad and barbecued grouper.

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee hee!!! Too hilarious that you got caught with your knickers off! ;) Probably pesky American's that just don't get it! LOL

    Heather XXOO

    ReplyDelete