03 July 2009

Great Harbour to White Bay, JVD

Malcolm decides that as he is hosting tomorrow’s party at CRC (Chateau Relaxeau Caribe), he should really go home and help Candace prepare for it.  Whether Candace would prefer him to keep out of the organisation is another matter, but he leaves on the early morning ferry anyway, even before I get up.

My ear is less painful than yesterday so I hope this is my body’s natural defences dealing with it.  

We pull the anchor up and motor just 15 minutes around the corner to White Bay, which, as is usual for early morning, is utterly beautiful.  By lunchtime, however, the day boats are all in and the area around the Soggy Dollar Bar is heaving.

Mike and I stay on the boat and our crew go to the Soggy Dollar end of the beach until it gets crowded then move up the beach to the quieter end by Ivan’s Peace and Love.

Saildoggie comes on the VHF saying that he has antibiotic eardrops and tablets and do I want them?  Although I think I am on the mend, I don’t want to take chances so Mike dinghies over to pick them up.   Thanks, Mark.

IMGP1607 Photo:  One of the beautiful beach villas on White Bay

The crew come back towards teatime for their showers, and Mike cooks the pork on the barbecue.  The crew demand coconut rice again so that’s what they get.  We have a lovely moonlit dinner in the cockpit – a fitting last night to a great week. 

IMGP1610 Photo:  Look – no flash!  Amy in pensive mood (before her SB eyebath!)

I gently smack Amy on the head with her plastic wineglass as a punishment for leaving it on the floor by the steps and accidently give her an eyebath with Sauvignon Blanc.  She is not too impressed by this, but in my defence, I have never known Amy to leave wine in the glass.

Mike and I decide to see how much mixed British culture our American crew can take, and show them an episode of Gavin and Stacy.  Amy has already seen it on US TV and loves it, and the rest of the crew become instant addicts and demand to see more.  We all watch another two episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment