15 July 2009

Inner Harbour Marina, Road Town

Dougie arrives early and he and Mike get busy putting the forestay back up.  It takes them all day.  Everything on this boat takes longer and costs more than you think it’s going to.

I go over to see Doug and Melissa and have a look around the boat they are chartering.  Very spacious, and theirs will have some newer features.  I hope they will enjoy it, although they probably won’t see if for a year as it is being delivered here two days after they leave.

I do some housekeeping but it is so hot.  All three a/c units are on and it is still 85 degrees.  It’s difficult to tell whether the hot flushes are internal or external!

We have quite a few visitors today.  Malcolm and Candace arrive with Linda who is upset as it is the last day of her three week holiday and she flies back to San Diego tomorrow.  Although I try, I cannot entice Candace onto the boat even though it is tied up to the dock.

In the early evening, Rick comes over for a chat and a dark and stormy.  Mike has two, for medicinal purposes apparently – his back is bad from all the work today.

1 comment:

  1. Can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your Blog. Good Luck on your next adventure...I'm envious. Have a great time.
    Colleen & Don (Orange Burst on TTOL)

    ReplyDelete