30 May 2009

Saturday in Cane Garden Bay

When Glenn arrives to discuss the new radio system and wifi at 8 in the morning, suffice it to say that Mike is seriously regretting the night before, or more accurately, Kim’s second rum punch!!

The skies are a clear blue, no hint of haze at all today – and there are lovely white fluffy clouds and a bit of breeze.  I spend some time finishing off my provisioning list for next week’s charter and my shopping list for Heather.  She’ll regret offering that particular service!

By lunchtime Mike is beginning to look a little perkier, and gets up, just as Kim and Rick stop by the boat to enquire as to his health.  However, the mention of sundowners later on sends him scurrying for cover and I tell them that we are going to have a very laid back day.

And we do.

In the afternoon I start to plot our course for the World ARC using Google Earth.  This is a laborious task as I have to find the latitude and longitudes of all the positions.  I easily get frustrated when teaching myself new things – I have the concentration of a gnat at times, but I keep at it.  Nearly three hours later, I have plotted from St Lucia to Equador.  At this rate it will take me weeks, but at least it keeps me occupied.

Around 5.30 I go and sit on the bow of the boat.  It is a gorgeous evening and the breeze is a little stronger which makes it feel comfortably cool (or maybe just not as hot).  I have the camera at the ready to capture a picture of the lovely turtle that has been swimming in the bay.  He/she is a brave little thing and doesn’t dive for cover immediately anyone comes close.  But it must sense my camera, as it doesn’t put in an appearance.

The beach is a completely different place at the weekend.  Everywhere locals hang out and have fun.

IMGP1422Photo:  Teenagers hanging out at the dinghy dock by Quitos

IMGP1430  Photo:  Local lads cruising in their version of a Volkswagon Golf

IMGP1436 IMGP1437 IMGP1438

IMGP1439

Photo:  And just for Victoria, another beautiful sunset

Mike and I have a lovely dinner of garlic chicken with penne in black truffle sauce, and sit and watch Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect.  We hear a banging on the side of the boat and wander out to find Kim and Rick coming past to say good night.

And the anchor light still works!

No comments:

Post a Comment