15 May 2009

Marina Cay to Road Town

Head out quite early towards Road Town as we have lots of things to get through.  Of course, just as the anchor needs to come up, down comes the rain.  Called out to Rick and Kim on the way past but only Rick seems to be around.  I’ve no doubt Kim is galley-slaving somewhere!

IMGP1368 Photo:  Rick Moore on Sophisticated Lady

Mike spots some salvage treasure on the way – a nice blue fender floating and homeless – and heads over to take possession, only to find that it is in far worse condition than any of ours, so we leave it.

We anchor in Road Town, just by the cruise ship dock.  It can be quite rolly here and although when we arrive it is almost flat calm, within half an hour, it is rolling merrily.  I really feel for some of the monohulls as I watch them pitch from side to side.  No wonder their stoves need to be gimballed!

I am meeting Sayula for lunch and once again, the heavens are in perfect harmony with my plans.  Just as we start to lower the dinghy, it absolutely throws it down and all the islands in the distance disappear.  We wait it out and now I am late for Sayula and I know that I will arrive to meet her with a wet bum from the dinghy ride over to TMM.  C’est la vie!

Mike is not invited to this girly lunch, so leaving him behind to fend for himself, Sayula and I go to Nanny Cay, where I also manage to pick up the anchor light and some thimbles for the bridle.  The chandlery relieves me of $234, and I wonder whether I can now afford lunch, but my stomach wins and I eat an enormous roti.

IMGP1371 Photo:  Sayula and myself - ladies who lunch!

Mike picks me up and we go into Road Town to buy some fresh provisions for our next charter.  In the evening, I sit and panic about all the things I have to get done before our guests arrive tomorrow – and don’t start any of them.  Tomorrow’s another day.  I’ll get up early … yeah, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment