26 May 2009

The Day After the Poker Run “Debrief”

No details, but it’s bad.  Very bad.

Towards lunchtime, we move the boat from the bay into the marina, refuelling on the way in.  Unfortunately, diesel spurts out of the tank as it gets slightly overfilled, and the smell does nothing to help my hangover.  Once in a slip, we hook up to shore power and disappear inside to escape the fumes.

In the afternoon, I decide that as penance for my stupidity, I will do some tidying, clean one of the bathrooms then do the laundry.   As I move my shopping bag I notice a plastic carrier with two cans of ginger beer and some washing up liquid.  I question Mike but he has no idea where it came from.  We obviously bought it yesterday on the way back from Monica and Nick’s but neither of us has any recollection!  Ha, the penny drops.  Now I know why he was go nice about my behaviour yesterday – he was as bad as me!!

The heat is absolutely stifling today, oppressively muggy – really not the right day to do the laundry but I do it anyway.  I pop into the office to see if any apologies are required and Monica kindly lets me off the hook by saying everyone was in the same state.

I bump into Kim in the laundry, who has left a whole load of washing in the drier from early in the morning, proof that someone else is not firing on all cylinders, although she looks a lot better than I feel.

In the evening, we raid the cupboards for our favourite comfort food and Mike cooks a chicken curry.  I know it isn’t Friday, but it makes me feel much better.

IMGP1417 Photo:  All you need for a hangover – a Patak’s curry!

Thank goodness for “Best of British” in Road Town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment