11 May 2009

Leverick Bay, Day 3

I wake up full of the joys of spring because today it is laundry day!  Only joking!  But at least the laundry facilities here at the Leverick Bay Resort are clean, relatively cool and have a nice view.

Mike and I stagger down the dock armed with two huge bags and find that there is already a queue for the machines.  Rather than come back later, I decide to wait and send Mike off.

Kim also turns up with her bags as well but I encourage her to leave them with me – no sense in us both wasting our time waiting around.  At least there are people to chat to.  One lady tells me about her time living in the Marquesas – after the tales she told, I will go armed with so much bug spray the boat will probably sink!

Eventually my washing goes in and I go and get Kim for her duties.  The drier has does such an inadequate job that Mike puts up a clothes line for me inside the boat and we put the air conditioning on.  The inside of Jeannius now looks like Wishie Washie’s laundry (those of you who have watched the pantomine, Alladin, will know what this means), but it works.

In the evening we go over to Rick and Kim on their yacht, Sophisticated Lady.  Lucky, the parrot, is in her cage so she is unable to show Mike, on this occasion, just how much she likes him!

IMGP1351 Photo:  Captain Rick of Sophisticated Lady and Mike

We end up staying for dinner.  Thanks for the lovely enchilladas, Kim. 

IMGP1352 Photo:  Kim in action as the Galley Slave on Sophisticated Lady

It’s only when we get back to Jeannius, that I realise that Mike is just so slightly merry.  Rick must have been generous with the rum!

No comments:

Post a Comment