25 May 2009

The Day After the Poker Run

Refreshed, Mike and I spend most of the morning catching up with computer work and such like, then head off to Monica and Nick’s for the Poker Run debriefing.

Now, debriefing, to us means you discuss the events and look at what was good, bad, etc with a view to making something even better next time.  Well, over here it means, have a party!

As we had missed out on all the celebrations yesterday, and especially as it had been Mike’s birthday, we join in with a vengeance.  Nick mutters the word ‘champagne’ and unfortunately my brain goes on holiday.

546785205_VgtWa-O[1] Photo:  Drinking champagne (and still standing) with Mike, Rick and Kim

Many glasses later, I get into the hot tub fully clothed.  Linda, Monica’s sister, has splashed me so much that I soaked anyway.

4524_102509459922_683084922_2680114_3937972_n[1] Photo:  Fully clothed and in the hot tub!  One champagne too many?

Mike finds this quite amusing, until I disgrace myself by falling over as I am getting back into the tub.  He tactfully suggests that maybe it’s time for us to go back to the boat and I sheepishly agree.  Once back, I do all the things one should do to stave off the hangover from hell which I know will be with me soon, but to no avail.  You do not want the details.  Suffice it to say that I pay for my excesses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment