18 May 2009

Cane Garden Bay to Little Harbour, JVD

We leave Cane Garden Bay for a leisurely sail to Jost Van Dyke.  We moor up at Diamond Key and I lead the guests to the bubbling pool.  Last time I went we got lost 3 times so I hope for a better result this time.  Actually, last time was not my fault.  From a distance, it’s clear where you have to go, but closer in, you get three opportunities for choosing the wrong fork in the ‘clearly marked paths’.  Clearly marked obviously has a different meaning here.  Each time, the obvious direction is actually the wrong one.

P1010337  Photo:  Mangroves on the way to the bubbling pool

By some miracle, I recognise the right way this time and we end up in the right place with no interesting detours.

P1010338 Photo:  Mike and Lauren on the ‘clearly marked path’

There are already about 10 people in the pool when we arrive, so our guests climb the rocks and wait, gazing out over the Atlantic Ocean, for the pool to empty a little, and I make my way back to the dinghy dock.

P1010358 Photo:  Lauren, Reid and Gina in the bubbling pool

Eventually Mike picks me up so that I can prepare lunch – Garlic Chicken Caesar Salad.

When our guests get back to the boat we motor just a short distance to anchor off Green Cay but everyone is too sleepy and full to bother going ashore on the sandy beach and the weather turns cloudy, so we just laze there for a couple of hours before heading round the island to Little Harbour.

Our guests enjoy a drink at Sidney’s Peace and Love then eat at Harris’ Place, entertained by Cynthia and the lobsters, enjoying a good meal.

1 comment: