13 May 2009

Leverick Bay, Day 5

Today we fully intend moving but first there is work to be done.  We have to take our bed apart to fit my sailing bag back underneath it.  This has been sitting on one of the spare beds since I arrived back from the UK  because we have both been too lazy to drag everything out but with guests arriving this weekend, it has to be done.  After giving it a complete scrub down and putting it all back together, I wander up to the office to say goodbye to Monica, calling in on Kim on the way back to give her some of my recipes.

I get everything ready inside the boat in preparation for setting sail and we back out of our mooring slip.  I settle myself down ready for a trip around Necker and Eustatia islands but two minutes later Mike tells me to put the anchor down.  That is it – a grand total of 400 yards!  He has forgotten to tell me that we aren’t actually leaving until tomorrow.  Still, we are anchored in one of my favourite spots in North Sound, Mooney Bay.  Apparently, this beautiful villa will be knocked down to make way for a resort.  Progress, huh?

IMGP1359 Photo:  The beautiful villa at Mooney Bay

We stay in and eat fish (unfortunately bought not caught), watching ‘The Apprentice’ and ‘Shameless’ courtesy of Sky Plus and our Slingbox.  Such decadence!  We end up going to bed late as Mike then does some work on the software required for next weekend’s Poker Run event at Leverick Bay.  No rest for the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment