17 May 2009

Road Town to Cane Garden Bay

I start the day badly.  I wake up with a stinker of a headache – surely this cannot be the result of two glasses of wine!?  Good wine at that.  Even worse, I wake at 2.30am and can’t get back to sleep.  At 3.30, the cockerels start their morning racket.  At 5.30, loud music starts up and I cannot work out where it is coming from.  Inexplicably, it stops half an hour later.  Weird.  I finally fall asleep and minutes later it seems that it is time to get up.

The start of the day with every charter is always a hard for me - I can only have one cup of tea in bed before having to get myself going.

I take the guests to buy a few things in Road Town, and being Sunday, nearly everything is shut, but we find a few provisions we need, then head off to The Indians for some snorkelling.  Mike spots a mooring ball, and another boat heading for it, so we race them, not even bothering to take the main sail down.  Of course, we get it.

After lunch, we head to Cane Garden Bay.  In the evening, the guests go ashore to The Elm for the barbeque and Mike and I stay behind, as we are only going to join them for a drink.  In the end, still suffering from the headache I stay onboard and Mike goes ashore alone.  I use the opportunity to get ahead with my food prep for tomorrow in the peace and quiet.

When everyone returns, it’s obvious that The Elm is a success, despite a rather persistent admirer of Gina and Lauren’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment