31 January 2011

Day 390: St Helena to Salvador, Brazil – 31/01/11

P1060150 Photo:  The sun starts to rise

P1060154 Photo:  The sun gets more impressive

P1060157 Photo:  I start to play with the settings on the camera

More of the same.  Still painfully slow although our marginally less painful progress in the night means that we can have the engines off for most of the day.  When we get down to 3.5 knots (however 1 knot of which is current going with us) the engine goes back on.

In the late afternoon I am lying in the sun, my music plugged firmly into my ears, dancing.  I can easily dance lying down – it involves a lot of wriggling around on my bum, arms and legs waving in the air, occasionally playing either my air guitar, or more often, my drums.   Oh, and I am singing, well, caterwauling more like, but to me it’s singing.  Suddenly I am awakened by Mike tapping me on the leg and when I look up he’s standing laughing at me.  I don’t know how long he’s been standing there but I probably look like a complete loon, lying naked, limbs flailing in the air like a bug on its back.  Oh well, it’s a good job he loves me!

 

Our position is:  14 deg 04 min S, 26 deg 24 min W

Distance so far:  21347 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment