11 January 2011

Day 370: Cape Town to St Helena – 11/01/11

At last – when I wake up and go upstairs, I can see the bruises that are evidence of my struggle between with the elements and the mast.  The inside of my thighs look like a greenish yellow patchwork quilt.  Now I free to moan – not that it stopped me before!

Mike takes down the main sail during the morning and goose wings the two genoas as the wind is now coming more from behind at a steady 18-22 knots.  We continue to make decent progress but the rest of the fleet are still way ahead and we have no chance of catching up, so here we are again, the Billy-no-mates of the sea.

The weather is a mix of sun, cloud and largish waves.

I’m still bored.

 

Our position is:  29 deg 08 min S, 11 deg 01 min E

Distance so far:  19123 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment