13 January 2011

Day 372: Cape Town to St Helena – 13/01/11

The morning dawns grey and miserable again but the boat still feels dry inside, if a little chilly.  It’s incredible how the humidity has stopped along with the condensation now that the water temperature has reached a more reasonable level (20 degrees).

While I sleep during the morning, the clouds slowly burn off, giving me a lovely blue sky once more when I get up.  It warms up enough for me to lie in the sun for half an hour in the late afternoon although I scuttle back inside when it disappears behind a cloud.

Yesterday’s heavy banana cake proves too irresistible and I eat far too much of it.  So much for cutting down on food when on passage!

It’s now official.  Jeannius is going back into bareboat charter when we return her to the BVIs but this time with Conch Charters not with TMM.  Mike and I are still going to continue to do our fully crewed and captain only charters when we get bookings though.

 

Our position is:  25 deg 45 min S, 06 deg 48 min E

Distance so far:  19410 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment