05 January 2011

Day 364: Cape Town, SA – 05/01/11

Ann,Terry and Alice prepare to leave.  They have a long journey back to Knysna and want to do as much of the journey before it gets really hot in the afternoon.  As they are removing all their stuff, the cleaning guys arrive to start their mammoth cleaning job.

Unfortunately, the refrigeration guy fails to turn up but he rings and says we’ll be his first call tomorrow.  I am now beginning to really panic about getting it fixed before we leave.  I know we don’t actually need it – I can cook from dried and tinned goods but it just makes for a better mix of food if I can have fresh stuff as well.

I go to lunch with Annie, Jim, Matt and Lee, once again to Panama Jacks.  The staff all recognise me now – I’m a real regular!  I have tuna tartare which is absolutely fantastic.  The barman fills mine and Annie’s glasses to the rim as he wants to get the bottle finished.  We are glad to be of service!

Leaving Matt to continue cleaning his engine room, and Mike to wait for workmen, Annie, Jim, Lee and I go shopping to the V & A Mall.  There are a couple of bits I want to get before the customs visit tomorrow so that I can get the VAT back.  Annie and I shop alone, doing some girly stuff then join Jim and Lee for a drink at one of the many waterfront cafes.

Sitting at the table, I start to talk to a fellow Brit.  Amazingly, although he is a south London boy, his dad lives in Kidderminster and he knows Bromsgrove and Worcester well.  Just one more example of what a small world it can be sometimes.

P1050965 P1050966 Photos:  Replica Chinese junks and pirate ships leave the Waterfront laden with tourists

We don’t get back until nearly 7.30 pm by which time Mike is beginning to think that he has been abandoned.  Actually he’s probably just realised that he is hungry!  The boat looks fabulous already.  She is clean and ready for her polish.  I have never seen the teak looking so good – I make a mental note to keep it in that condition.  Mmm.  I wonder how long that will last in a heaving sea!

We see Suzanna and Paul on the dock and go over to do our Happy New Years.  We intend going out to Panama Jacks but I think twice in one day is a bit much and we end up staying on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment