10 January 2011

Day 369: South Africa to St Helena – 10/01/11

The night continues slowly and I eventually have to resort to putting the engine on as we are doing around 3.5 knots although it does pick up a little just before I go off watch.

Again I sleep when I’m supposed to – I’m worried that I’ll jinx it if I actually say that but it does seem to be true – despite the lumpy, bumpy ride.

The day is sunny again but still with a cold nip.  At least the boat feels warmer underfoot as the water temperature has risen another 6 degrees from yesterday and is now 18 degrees.

The commercial traffic has almost stopped now and we only see one boat in the distance.  That’s it.  No wildlife.  No life of any description.  Passages can be so boring.

 

Our position is:  30 deg 42 min S, 13 deg 26 min E

Distance so far:  18969 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment