19 October 2010

Day 286: Mauritius – 19/10/10

I wake up at 2 am with what I think is a mild hangover and quickly realise it that it is something much worse.  As I sit on the loo with the bucket on my lap I am grateful for the support of the two walls either side of me as they hold me in place and stop me falling off my perch. 

I am ill all day with stomach cramps and flushing hot and cold at regular intervals, obviously running a mild temperature.  I feel so bad I can hardly lift my head off the pillow and only get up occasionally to use the loo and drink some water.  We are supposed to be going for dinner with the crews from Tucanon, Tzigane and Voyageur but Mike has to go and give our apologies, embarrassing as it was my idea to go out in the first place.

By the end of the day, I am so weak that I force myself to eat a tiny bowl of porridge but I have to push it down.  We are supposed to be going on our underwater sea walk tomorrow.  I hope I can still make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment