01 October 2010

Day 268: Cocos Keeling Islands to Mauritius – 01/10/10

I go back to bed after Mike starts breakfast and manage to sleep on and off until 1.30 pm, consequently feeling a lot more rested afterwards,  I must have had a lot of sleep to catch up on.

When I get up I see 24 feet of bright yellow electrical cable lying out across the cockpit attached at one end to the SSB antennae.  Mike assures me that  this will make it work better than the glass of water.  Whatever you say, mad boy!

Apart from the fact that it’s still not raining, the weather remains the same – 28 to 35 knots of wind, big seas and grey skies.  I have never spent so long cooped up inside Jeannius.  It’s not fun.

P1040016 Photo:  More miserable weather

Nothing else breaks, drops off, freezes, stops working or blows up today although the generator stubbornly refuses to produce the right voltage for the inverter.  Mike checks it periodically to see if it has decided to play ball but it doesn’t.

Mike puts a loaf of bread on before he goes for his afternoon sleep and when it is finished, in a fit of acting like a nautical domestic goddess, I make a banana bread and have the bruises to prove that I was thrown from side to side in the galley for my efforts.

 

Our position is:  18 deg 18 min S, 83 deg 59 min E

Distance so far:  14852 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment