08 October 2010

Day 275: Cocos Keeling Islands to Mauritius – 08/10/10

I sleep well again but wake to find that my right ear is inflamed and painful – the ear plugs have given me an outer ear infection.  It’s always the same ear that I have trouble with.  Rather than go straight for the antibiotics I decide to treat it with hydrogen peroxide to see if that can stop it but I’ll only give it a couple of days.

The sun is shining although there is quite a lot of cloud around as well.  Towards the late afternoon the waves, which have been tolerable up to now, bet bigger and lumpier and we are back to sailing in uncomfortable conditions. 

Immediately I decide to lie out in the sun, it disappears behind a blanket of cloud and stays there.  I retreat to the sofa once again.

The first boats should be arriving in Mauritius tomorrow.  How I envy them.

 

Our position is:  20 deg 03 min S, 67 deg 57 min E

Distance so far:  15931 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment