18 October 2010

Day 285: Mauritius – 18/10/10

Most of the day is spent hanging around the boat.  The generator guys are supposed to be here first thing, then midday but eventually turn up past 2 pm.  After an hour or so down the back hole with the manual, the verdict is that it can’t be fixed and needs a new transformer which will have to be flown in either to Mauritius, La Reunion or South Africa depending on how readily the part is available and how quickly it can be sent.

Given that this is exactly what Mike had thought in the first place, it is frustrating that we have wasted so much time getting to this stage.  Mike fires off a couple of e-mails and waits.  Thank goodness it is under warranty.

I wander off into the marina shopping malls to try to buy a scarf that costs less than 200 Euros and manage it, buying one for about 5% of that.  Obviously the quality differs, but I never wanted top quality for using around the boat anyway.  I am happy.

On my way back to the boat I pop over to Chessie to visit Jutta and Jochem as they have returned from their three day trip out and I want to find out more for when we get a hire car (if we ever manage to get out of Port Louis!).  I just have a ‘little glass of wine’ but quite a few of them, and then it seems like a good idea to get Mike and return with the crews of Ocean Jasper and Crazy Horse.  We have a great evening as ever before heading off to get take away pizza and watch some TV.  I start to fall asleep in the middle of the programme, something I never normally do, and crawl off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment