05 October 2010

Day 272: Cocos Keeling Islands to Mauritius – 05/10/10

I have two good sleeps today so feel really normal – well, normal for me anyway.  When I wake up from my second one I can’t work out what’s missing, then I realise that it’s the constant headache and neck ache.  Then I notice that the sea has calmed down a lot to being almost ‘normal’ – obviously not bobbing around as much has allowed all the muscles to relax.  The wind has also dropped to around 15 to 25 knots and although this means that we are not making quite as much headway, I am happy to swap this for the vile conditions of the last nine days.

I make an old favourite for lunch – firm, white fish, in this case, Spanish mackerel, cooked in white wine, onions, tomatoes, garlic and pesto, then when Mike sleeps I put some bread on and make a vegetable dish to go with tomorrow’s lamb.  I must be feeling better!

After clearing up in the galley I wash down some of the surfaces in the cockpit.  Everything is so salt encrusted.  Tomorrow when we have the water maker on we will hose down the whole cockpit.  I feel the need to wash my hands every time I touch something out there and things don’t dry out properly when they are covered in salt water.

The bread tastes a bit strange and I realise I forgot to put the sugar in.  What a difference it makes.  Still, it will get eaten.

It seems so calm that I go to bed in our normal bow cabin but within half an hour I change to the bow cabin again as there’s still too much noise and movement up front.

 

 

Our position is:  19 deg 50 min S, 73 deg 00 min E

Distance so far:  15474 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment