02 June 2009

Road Town to Peter Island

This morning the weather has not improved.  It is hot, wet and therefore very humid.  In the marina, the air is still and stifling again.  Mike tries to get money out of the ATM but they obviously have not filled the machines since the holiday weekend, so he has to come and buy the last of the provisions with me.

Back on the boat, he cleans the decks and I finish the inside.  As soon as he has cleaned all the bits of debris that have fallen from the trees, more falls and the decks look almost as bad as when he started.  Ah well, I know he tried.

Nikki and Brett, our honeymoon couple, arrive a little later than expected as the ferry is not going to Road Town today and they have to get a taxi from West End.  They were married on Saturday and have spent the night in St Thomas.  It’s Brett’s first time outside of the USA, and he starts his honeymoon with a raging ear infection.  Luckily he has managed to get everything he needs on St Thomas.

We get out of the marina as quickly as we can.  The water in the channel is quite choppy and it’s not long before we see rain clouds gathering behind Salt and Cooper Islands, coming our way.  It did this to me the last time we went to Deadman’s Bay.  Mike is convinced that by the time we need to drop anchor, it will have passed.  But of course, that’s not the case, and out comes my wet weather gear, again.

After a mimosa or two, Nikki and Brett go swimming, and I prepare the dinner.  Later on, I put together the ingredients for a daiquiri for Nikki, switch on the blender and the whole thing leaks, spewing sweet sticky alcohol all around the boat.  Lovely. 

The rest of the evening goes well.  And the anchor light still works!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that the weather was a bit questionable today. You are doing a fabulous job hosting the newlyweds. I am sure they will have a great time. Am I going to need to pack a blender? ;)

    Smooth sailing tomorrow!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete