14 June 2009

Lazy day at Leverick Bay

Laze around for most of the morning reading and using Skype.  It is a good connection so I manage to have a long chat with Victoria then Johanne.  Then, when it gets really hot, to the point that the air conditioning is struggling to keep the temperature inside the boat to the low 80s, I decide to cook the plantain and the shrimp to take to Nick and Monica’s.  Duh, should have done it first thing!

The day is hot and unfortunately the humidity is back and we almost regret walking up the hill, having turned down the offer of a lift, but our little legs don’t get much exercise these days so it probably does us good.

It’s a smaller gathering today;  Nick and Monica (obviously) and their friend Kathy who is staying for them for a while, us, Mike from BVI Watersports, Soren from Dive BVI, and Rick and Kim.

When I have been to the ‘treehouse’ on previous occasions, there has been a breeze because the house is half way up the hill, but not today.  Eventually I give in, get changed into a costume, and get into the not-so-hot tub.  At least it stops me from getting bitten.  Although I have liberally sprayed myself with noxious chemicals and should be OK, I am taking no chances.

IMGP1545Photo:  Monica and myself – we turned the bubbles off as they were too noisy!

IMGP1546Photo:  Not to be left out, Mike and Monica 

IMG_9845 - Version 2 Photo:  The rose between three thorns!?  Rick, Mike, me and Nick

IMG_9856 - Version 2Photo:  Mike and his harem – Kim, Monica and myself

IMG_9848 - Version 2Photo:  The cuddle before the headache 

Around five, and now supporting headaches (no, not hangovers – just too much sun and not enough water) we wander back down the hill and luxuriate in bed with the air conditioning on, which is now faring better than when we left it.  Tea is really exciting – cups of tea and marmite on toast.  Sometimes the simple things in life hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment