17 June 2009

Road Town to Cooper Island

We are expecting our next charter guests today so I get up relatively early (for me anyway) to finish off getting the boat ready and clear some space ready for the provisions when they arrive, which should be 9 am.

At almost 10 am we get a phone call from Chris saying they have arrived in the car park!  Panic!  We weren’t expecting them until at least midday.  I still have one bed to make, the dusting to do in the saloon and to get myself dressed.

I hurriedly make the last bed, but when I look out of the window, they have arrived – and so has the man from Bobby’s.  Agh!

We load bags and guests onto the boat and then begin the laborious task of checking off all the goods.  Well, actually Shye and Sama, the two young ladies of the party do it for me.

Mike and BB go off to find some bait for fishing.  BB wants squid and I seriously doubt that they will find it at Bobby’s.  Eventually when they get back, they are armed with huge tiger shrimp and scallops.  Those fish are in for a treat – well, that is, before they discover the hook!

We set off as it is stifling in the marina, and sail over to Deadman’s Bay for lunch.  Remember, it always rains when I put the anchor down there, and today is no exception.  A short, but ferocious downpour which is over in about 15 minutes – much shorter than the ones we have had recently.

After lunch, BB only has the rod out for a few minutes and he catches a remora which he carefully unhooks and puts back in the water.  He promises to fill my freezer for me this week.  I hope he keeps his promise.

We motor over to Cooper Island where we will spend the night.  I’m not sure what goes on in the afternoon, as I fall asleep in my cabin for a while. 

P1000359 Photo:  David and Burhan after the tequila

P1000360Photo:  Sama and Shye 

In the evening the guests go ashore to eat and Mike and I have peanut butter sandwiches – yum.  The guests come back to the boat early as they are tired.  Some of them have travelled from Kuwait for this holiday, and they have all been up since  dawn this morning as they caught the first ferry over from St Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment