20 December 2010

Day 348: Knysna, SA – 20/12/10

Once again Mike goes down to the boat early in the morning.  He has managed to find someone who will dive down and clean the beard off Jeannius’ bottom (the delightful green stuff) which will sort us out until we can get hauled out in Grenada.  He also contacts the refrigeration guy who arranges to meet him there later.  Mmmm.

I potter around in the kitchen, making a sauce for the leftover pork to steep in and put the last load of washing from the boat in.  At least it’s not raining today, although it’s still quite cloudy.

Terry has a whole gang of little men in, planting about 200 shrubs, border plants and climbers around the garden.  It should look lovely when they are all established.

When Mike arrives back, it turns out that the diver was only coming to price up the job, not do it, although he promises to get it done before Christmas, and the refrigeration guy cancelled but said he had some more ideas about why the fridge and freezer keep stopping and will be there tomorrow morning.  Again I say, mmmm!

We rush out just before the supermarket closes to get a few bits.  I look for the lamb we ate the other night so that I can put it aside for Christmas but they haven’t got any.  I ask the lady on the counter and she seems quite amused that I want to order some to collect in a few days time and takes me over to the meat manager and explains what I want.  He then comes over to me and talks about my request in what I presume is Afrikaans.  I explain that I can’t understand Afrikaans and when he looks at me quizzically, I realise that he had actually been talking English to me.  How embarrassing.  God knows what I’ll be given when I go in to collect the meat on Thursday.  Probably deboned lamb delicately flavoured with barbecue rat poison.

Dinner is yesterday’s leftovers along with roasted ratatouille – yummy.  Oh, and double yummy, leftover Malva!

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on the blog. I miss you guys. We can't wait until you're back. I have so much to tell you so look for an email. It looks like you are having a blast. Have fun and talk soon..

    Heather
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete