16 December 2010

Day 344: Knysna, SA – 16/12/10

Mike goes down to meet the refrigeration guy who ends up cancelling until tomorrow so Mike gets on with some other jobs instead.

The dinghy is delivered all repaired and pumped up along with the brand new cover for it and the outboard motor.  They look very smart although Mike has to return the motor cover as they had failed to leave a hole for the starting handle.  In their defence, lots of people have covers on them for storage and don’t keep them on when the thing is in use.

It’s a cold, wet and windy day – just like being back in the UK except that it’s snowing there at the moment.  It’s such a shame as the Knysna carnival is supposed to be today although as it is not due to start until the afternoon, it gets cancelled until Saturday.  Hopefully the weather will improve.

I talk to Bev about the arrangements for Christmas.  She and Moe are coming over to celebrate it with us along with Jutta, Jochem and Eline from Chessie.  It’ll be great fun with a crowd of us.

For most of the morning and into the early afternoon I catch up on five days worth of blog.  It serves me right for getting behind!

In the afternoon Terry and I go into town – he’s got some errands to run and I need to check the new shape for my earrings.  I go out wearing my foul weather sailing gear which is just right for today I think.  The jewellery has been amended and is now interpreted correctly thank goodness.

I then go around all the cheapie shops looking for a large bucket to put the enormous Christmas tree in and eventually find one that looks right.  When I meet back up with Terry I drag him back to the shop and he gets it.  It’s a bit on the bright side but will do.

We finish of by going to have a hot drink and of course, are forced into having a cake although we only share one.

No comments:

Post a Comment