02 December 2010

Day 330: Knysna, SA – 02/12/10

Victoria has requested that we have some ‘do nothing’ days and this is exactly what today is.  Sometimes, it’s just what you need.

Terry goes out to the golf course again to play with his balls, Mike goes down to the marina to play with his boat and Victoria helps by watching.

Ann and I slob around, intermittently sunbathing and reading, making food for the vultures when they arrive back at various times.  I think I terrify Ann’s cleaner, Eunice, when she comes out the back and catches sight of me topless.

Although the day starts cloudy, it turns out to be glorious, with bright sunshine and a slightly cool breeze.  Just perfect.

Late in the afternoon, Terry and I leave Ann, Mike and Victoria asleep, and go and pick up his new LED TV from town.  On the way back he drives me around the area where they live looking at properties.  We make the mistake of driving down a road which ends in a cul-de-sac and at the end the locals are having a braie (SA barbecue), all sitting around drinking wine.  As Terry backs around them, I lean out of the window apologising profusely, hoping desperately that we don’t back into any of them that are sitting around in their chairs.  We escape with their lives intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment