23 September 2010

Day 259: Bali to Cocos Keeling Islands – 22/09/10

What a difference a bit of sleep makes!  Although I don’t get a lot, I do get more than of late and therefore start the day feeling relatively human.  It’s funny, I could swear that for some of the time I spend in bed I am fully awake and aware of all the crashing and banging around me but then I remember the dream I had been having and realise that if those were thoughts, rather than a dream, I am definitely heading for the loony bin, so I decide I must have been asleep after all!

We eat the last of the kangaroo steaks for lunch.  It’s amazing how the quality of the meat varies dramatically from one pack to another.  The first one was the best and they have all been a bit tough since then.

In the afternoon I see some dolphins but they don’t come near the boat, just stay about 100 yards off the port side.  I get my yoga mat out again and have another go in the cockpit.  It’s been far too rough on this passage so far to attempt any, but today, although the waves are still quite big, they are smooth, and I choose the exercises with care.  Again, we spend a lot of time surfing down the big waves, hitting speeds of 14 knots just for a few seconds at a time.  I love it when it’s like this.

The evening brings another load of squalls and winds gusting to 35 knots, but at least I manage another good dollop of sleep. 

 

 

Our position is:  12 deg 07 min S, 98 deg 02 min E

Distance so far:  13898 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment