05 February 2011

Day 395: St Helena to Salvador, Brazil – 05/02/11

I manage to catch up with my sleep in the morning and get up to another bright, sunny day that’s over 34 degrees.  At least I get my naps in the morning when it’s cooler.  Poor Mike gets his in the afternoon when it’s stifling hot. 

There’s still no wind so we continue to motor sail even though the sails are adding virtually nothing to our progress.

Although we are concerned about diesel, we run the generator for an hour or so to have enough water for showers tonight, the washing up (which is building up nicely) and to fill up the water bottles.  Although water is available on the dock at Salvador, it is not suitable for drinking.  Mike empties the contents of two more jerry cans of diesel into the tank just to be sure. 

My sleeping has gone from brilliant, to OK, to bad.  When I go to bed at 9 am it’s almost midnight before I drop off.  Am I glad this is to be our last night at sea for a while!

 

Our position is:  13 deg 10 min S, 37 deg 14 min W

Distance so far:  21875 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment