04 February 2011

Day 394: St Helena to Salvador, Brazil – 04/02/11

We manage to sail a little more today, albeit very slowly.  There is hope for a little more wind tomorrow but not much.  Anyway, it looks like we will be in Salvador in daylight on Sunday quite easily now although we will probably be motoring on diesel fumes by then!

In the late afternoon, there are squall clouds all around us on the horizon but none of them come near us.  We open all the hatches to get some breeze through in a futile attempt to cool the boat down – it’s 34 degrees and rising every few days.  At least there’s still ice in the freezer.

Once Mike is up I go and lie on the trampoline in the sun.  Normally I find this uncomfortable and at least put a towel under me but it’s so hot that I want as much breeze as I can get – under me as well as over me – so I just flop there for half an hour or so.  The crisscross imprint of the material is still showing on my skin 5 hours later when I go to bed.

P1060268 P1060259 Photos:  A sunset behind the rain showers in the distance

 

Our position is:  13 deg 20 min S, 35 deg 13 min W

Distance so far:  21775 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment