28 April 2011

Virgin Gorda, BVI – 28/04/11

Mike’s day is one of Groundhog Day proportions – he has his head bent over one of the PCs the whole time.  My day is much more exciting – I have the laundry to do.

While it is in the machines, I take the opportunity of taking a closer look at Necker Belle – she’s not ostentatious – just big!  Apparently she was a day charter boat and a total re-fit has changed her into a luxury cruising cat.  From the outside though, she certainly still shows her origins.

P1080473 P1080488 P1080489 P1080490 Photos:  The Necker Belle

All I need is Richard to come out, hand me a glass of champagne and offer me a guided tour.  Of course this doesn’t happen as he isn’t there but if he had been, and armed with the information that I have a Virgin mobile account, a Virgin pension and some Virgin PEPs, I’m quite sure he would have done!  Mmmm.  Or maybe not!!

By the afternoon Jeannius once more looks like wishy washy’s laundry itself – all the things that I can’t tumble dry are hanging in the cockpit or over the sides of the boat.  At least the wind ensures that everything is dry quickly.  I then have a go at trying to sort the boat out ie which things are going home and which things are going into storage, but I get myself in a tizz and give up, wandering around to take photos instead.

P1080493 Photo:  Crazy Horse and Jeannius at Leverick Bay

I go over to Crazy Horse to introduce the Thomas’s to the comedy drama series, Gavin and Stacy.  I love it when they love it too and I leave them watching it when Mike comes to tell me that I have 15 minutes to shower and get ready to go up to Monica and Nick’s for drinks and pizza.  In record time, I am ready, although if the hair had required attention it would have been a different matter.

We pile into Nick’s truck with Angie and Kelly and take the 1 minute drive up the hill.  Nick gives a toast to us and Angie and Kelly (they have just done a 4500-mile nightmare boat delivery) for all coming back safely.  He doesn’t give us a didgeridoo recital tonight – a bit more practise is still required apparently although he has managed to get one note out which is progress!

P1080496 Photo:  Angie, Nick, Mike, Monica, me and Kelly at the Duck and Dive

P1080497 Photo:  Now you know why it’s the Duck and Dive!

We spend a lovely evening drinking wine, eating pizza and swapping stories of the sea.  We don’t make a late or drunken night of it though as we are off relatively early in the morning for Tortola.  However, we have been told that Rick is down and the bar and before retiring to Jeannius for the night, we make a quick detour to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment