19 April 2011

Rodney Bay, St Lucia – 19/04/11

I wake up at 5.55 am with a start as I know Basia and Michael are leaving early.  I am about to leap out of bed when Mike tells me there’s no point as he has already been up the dock and to the taxi area and they have left already.

Having had less than four hours sleep you would think I would lie back and drop off again but no, it’s like those pesky night watches when my mind and body just will not do as they are told.  Dammit!

At 7.45 am I am up, washed and dressed and half way up the dock to say goodbye to Ocean Jasper when I spot them over the other side of the marina on the fuel dock.  I knew they were leaving early but not that early but at least I think we’ll see them further up the islands.  Even Rosemary didn’t spot them leaving.

Back on the boat I become convinced that Cat’s taxi is coming for her at 8.30 am and I go over to Destiny to see if she’s up and about.  Ingrid says her taxi is coming at 11 am because her flight isn’t until the early afternoon but I am so convinced I am right that she goes down to wake Cat up.  Poor thing.  I am wrong and she hadn’t gone to bed until her parents left first thing so has had even less sleep that me and is travelling to Texas today.  Whoops!  Sorry, Cat.

Graham and Chrissy from Eowyn come over to say goodbye then slip their lines and sail off. 

The day is spent swapping photos and trying to nap (at which I don’t succeed).  Sean and Sophia pop over to pick Mike’s brains about good stopping places on the way to Antigua.  Charlie and Richie call in looking for Sophia and Sean.  Oisin comes over with Eline to get his photos.  Then Maggie comes over with a lovely bottle of SB which we share, convincing Rosemary that she too needs a glass as she is on her way to the shops.

They are all going to eat at a sushi restaurant on the strip tonight but Mike and I don’t fancy venturing far so in the end we opt for H2O, the restaurant at the marina, joining Bev and Moe, Moe’s parents, Gaff and Rafat and his friends Katy and Kirpal.  We have a great meal in lovely company.

P1080272 Photo:  Mike unfortunately gets chopped in half by the waitress

Tomorrow we leave but having talked to other people during the day it looks like Chessie, Thor VI and Wild Tigris will aim for St Pierre at the north west tip of Martinique tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment