18 April 2011

Rodney Bay, St Lucia – 18/04/11

Bev’s dad took Mike and I out for a great meal last night – a really good curry at Razamataz.  We ordered so much (it all sounded too good) that the fridge is full of leftovers that we brought back with us.

Mike slowly comes to the conclusion that he can’t be bothered to leave tomorrow so he has more time to do a couple of little jobs and has today as a lazy day.

I pick up my World ARC picture book and wander down to Crazy Horse to get them to sign it and find Rosemary in tears which makes me start off too.  We have all been together through some brilliant and some tough times and it’s hard to accept that we will all go our separate ways soon.  Drying our eyes on her tea towel (just our eyes – no runny noses) we gradually calm down again and I leave to get some other people to sign before they leave.

And leave they do.  Brown Eyed Girl leave, later than Judy had anticipated.  Lady Lisa sails off heading for the BVIs where they will join ARC Europe to take their boat back.  Heidi and Casey from Wild Tigris leave to fly back to the States.  Susan and David leave to fly home for 10 days before returning and taking the boat back to Grenada for the hurricane season.

My morning is spent trying to catch up with people, say my goodbyes and pester others for signatures and musings in my book.  My afternoon is spent collating photos I have taken of other people and their yachts so that I can give them out.  I can’t believe how time consuming this ends up being.  Moe cleans and scrubs his little heart out, conscious that this will be last time for a long time that he can perform his beloved duties while Mike and I pile into some of the leftover curry for lunch.  Maggie drops by for a natter but because she and Bob are now off Ocean Jasper in a hotel and they are frantically sorting out things for their return to the States in a couple of days, she can’t stay long.

Rosemary invites us to go out for a meal with them but as we are not hungry, we just finish off the dregs of last night’s Indian.  Bev, Moe and Stuart go out and Mike and I are contemplating an early night a few hours later when Bev returns to the boat with strict instructions to drag us out.  She wins me over but Mike takes the early night option.

I eventually manage to track Annie and Jim down and give them the photos I have of them and get Jim to sign my book then I head back to the bar where the rest of them are drinking but it is close to shutting up so we wander back down the dock, gathering bottles from various boats before deciding which one to end up on.  I manage to stay up until just gone 2 am (Cat guilts me out as it’s her last night) but judging from the photos, I should have gone earlier!  The photos of me are unpublishable (I am far too vain) but Bev’s is a classic!

P1080256 Photo:  The beautiful Bev

At 2 am with the others still going strong, I give in, defy Cat and stagger back to Jeannius. 

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate that you stayed out...although it didn't take THAT much convincing you party animal!
    Miss you already! Thanks for making my last night awesome!
    And i do have some good photos of you..would you like to screen them before i post them, since you are so vain?!! ;-)
    cat

    ReplyDelete