26 July 2010

Day 201: Mackay, Australia – 26/07/10

What a waste of a day, and it’s all my own fault.  Thankfully, throwing up last night means that I don’t suffer the acute hangover that I actually deserve, but when I wake up I still feel somewhat under the influence of all the wine and decide that staying in bed is the best option for me.

So I do!

Rick, the engineer turns up to look at our generator.  It’s not good news.  Mike had hoped that it was just a loose fly wheel that is causing the problem, but this turns up not to be the case.  This means that it is the diesel part of the generator that is causing the problem, Mike’s worst fear.  To establish this, the whole thing needs to come out and Rick needs help to do this, do he will return tomorrow.  Obviously it means that there is no way we are going to leave here with Johanne and Steve with a working generator.  Bugger.

In the evening I am feeling much better and we decide to have a quiet night in with the TV.  We cook the kangaroo steaks and eat them with salad.  They are absolutely delicious.  No fat, really tender and full of flavour.  I must buy more.

Then it’s an early night.  I have loads to do tomorrow given that I have wasted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment