07 August 2009

Marigot, Day 1

At 5.30, Mike and I are both awake.  No reason.  Just awake.  We both wriggle for half an hour then when its obvious that sleep is not going to return for either of us, Mike gets up to make the tea.

At 7.30 I am up too, getting on with my list of jobs.  Ann (my sister), Terry (her husband), Alice (my niece) and Kat (her friend) are arriving tonight via a somewhat circuitous route – Gatwick-Barbados-Antigua-St Martin.  They should be here around 9, Liat allowing!

We shift the boat into Marina Fort Louis at around 11, and meet our old friend Claude.  Ian’s English is now so good I didn’t recognise him on the radio.  We are give a slip just outside the marina entrance so it’s easy access in and out.  We get settled and get the a/c on then it’s time to hose down the boat to get rid of the thick layer of encrusted salt that is covering everything.  This takes nearly an hour but afterwards Jeannius looks pristine.

I get showered and shampooed and off we go to meet Monica and Nick down by the Anguilla ferry terminal.  It is so weird to see them out of Leverick Bay that I also do a double take when I see them walking towards us.

We lunch at one of the little French restaurants at Marina Royale.  I have shopped there but never eaten there.  We have a lovely time and the lovely lunch (complete with a rather nice bottle of Chablis)  was on them.  Thank you very much you two.

IMGP1946 Photo:  Lunch at Marina Royale – posing with Monica

IMGP1944 Photo:  Nick relaxing after a lovely lunch

They drop us off at the marina and we have a quick nap before finishing our jobs on the boat.  Ann, Terry, Alice and Kat arrive just before 9 and settle themselves into the boat.  They have had a long day and therefore have an early night.

1 comment:

  1. So neat seeing Nick and Monica down there! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I made your chicken caesar salad last night..everyone loved it...again! Thought about you while I picked thyme off the twig! :)
    You two have fun!! Miss you!
    Heather XX

    ReplyDelete