03 August 2009

Cane Garden Bay

I wake up in the middle of the night feeling really unwell – hot, sweaty and nauseous.  I get up and immediately feel that I am about to pass out.  Mike, who should have been the one feeling ill after last night, continues to snore so I call him, gently at first then getting louder as he continues to sleep.  Eventually he wakes.  By this time I am a crumpled heap in the bathroom, unable to move.  He gets me water.  My heart is racing.  I sip the water he brings me and he gradually gets me up off the floor and back into bed.  Now he’s awake, his hangover kicks in.  We are like two old crocks.

I wake in the morning feeling fine.  Mike feels like his head is about to explode.  I don’t have a clue what happened to me in the night.  I’m just glad that it has passed.

Around 10 am Blue Bayou with Walt and Ruth passes close by to say goodbye.  They are taking Malcolm, Steve Cropper and his family out for a day sail.  Just as I am making Mike’s excuses, he heaves himself out of bed to wave goodbye then goes back again.

The rest of the morning ticks away slowly.  Our appointment with the laundrette moves to the afternoon but cannot be ignored completely as there is so much to be done.  We drag out two huge bags down the road.  Laundry is one thing that is cheaper in the BVIs than in St Martin.

The laundrette is in the same sorry state, painted a luminous bright green and full of dead washing machines and driers.  The outside is painted in a shocking bright pink.  If you are reading this, Jo, nothing has changed!!  Someone has put left over take away food in the bin so there are ants everywhere, including the inside of the washing machines.  Thanks.

IMGP1901Photo:  Salubrious surroundings in the laundrette of dead machines!

Back on the boat it looks, once more, like wishy washy’s laundry as I hang everything out to dry, but at least we are all clean again.

We have an early night to counteract last night’s excesses. 

3 comments:

  1. An epic night deserves an epic hangover. Terry and I were right there with you two.

    Love you both,
    calsail@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. was it a very mild case of food poisoning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David, have posted the picture of your tattoo all over the Company website. Hope that is OK??

    ReplyDelete