16 May 2010

Day 131: Bora Bora – 16/05/10

The day is spent doing washing – I kid you not.  I don’t know where it all comes from as I’m certainly not wearing clothes (the odd sarong doesn’t count).

John and Mike do some chores too.  John splices our new nasty, bright green dinghy painter (rope) so that we can at last get rid of the tatty yellow one and Mike fits in a new on/off switch which allows us to choose whether we want music or the VHF to come of the cockpit speakers (allowing them both to come out at the same time blew the last VHF system which he replaced yesterday – luckily we had a spare one!).

The day passes in this extremely unexciting way until we go ashore to the Bora Bora Yacht Club for sundowners with some of the other crews.  As I get ready to leave the boat, Mike looks at me clutching my dress to my legs and tells me to put some knickers on.  Certainly not!  At that point, a huge gust of wind blows and I almost (and I mean almost) do a Marilyn Monroe, you know, the famous white dress photo, and I start to wonder whether I should do as Mike says, but of course, I don’t, and luckily no further gusts of wind blow through to give me heart failure.  Mike wears his Guinness t-shirt for the obligatory photo beneath a ‘world sign’ (just for you, Linda!).

P1010004 Photo:  Mike – guess where?

We drag John back to the boat for a curry – his last supper, well the last one with us anyway.  He persuades us to watch one of his favourite films which is terrible, but comical as it is so bad.  I won’t say what it is as I don’t want to embarrass him.  Mike falls asleep, only waking up momentarily when I discover Carole’s left over chocolate in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment