01 January 2010

St Lucia Day 4 – New Year’s Day

As I thought he would, Mike wakes up with a hangover.  Oh, of course he denies it, and makes a pretty good job of covering it up but as the morning goes on, he looks more and more sorry for himself until he gives in and goes back to bed although he does manage to tick some of the things off his ‘to do’ list beforehand.

Inspecting the gangplank it is easy to see why it snapped.  It has completely rotted but is still usable as the rot only extended about eight inches.  Johanne’s tottering and squealing days are not over!  We just pull the rotten bit off and it’s fine.

P1010333 Photo:  Johanne’s ‘gangplank of death’ will live to see more of her totterings!

As I have my massage booked for 1.30 I make one of the quick bake loaves of bread and it turns out very differently to the bread brick Mike made the other week.  It rises and apart from falling to pieces when you try to cut thin slices (solved by slicing it into thick chunks), looks completely normal.  Still hot and spread with peanut butter, it is wonderful.

It is pouring with rain by the time I go for my massage so I get thoroughly wet.  When I arrive I am told that the receptionist gave me the wrong time and in fact I am booked for 2.30.  Unlikely as I actually asked for 2.30 and was told I couldn’t have that slot.  So I go back to the boat, dry out, lie down, then return at the later time.  This time I am told I am booked for a one hour massage not a ninety minute one.  Jesus!  I stand my ground and they phone the other customer and let me have my ninety minutes of what turns out to be an excellent massage.  What bliss.

I am so laid back afterwards I wander back to the boat in a daze, lie down and drift off to sleep until Mike brings me a cup of tea.  He still has a slight hangover so we have a light dinner then go to bed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment