26 June 2010

Day 171: Fiji – 26/06/10

I wake up just about hangover-free.  Phew, that was close!  I had arranged last night to go shopping with Maggie and Matt this morning but at 10.00 am there’s no sign of either of them.  Then I bump into Rosemary who tells me that Matt has just crawled out of bed feeling somewhat the worse for wear so I leave him alone.

A bit later I see Maggie and we decide to go out for a girlie lunch (Maggie’s birthday treat to me) and a shop.  I show her around Port Denarau and we end up going to the Hard Rock Cafe where we sit and natter for over two hours while we eat.

Matt comes in just before we leave with Sophia and Shaun.  The poor dear really does still look very ill, but having started before my party last night, and continuing until 4 am, I not surprised that even his young metabolism hasn’t been able to cope.

I don’t get back to the boat until nearly 4 pm.  There’s just enough time for a little nap before we get ready and go over to Tucanon for sundowners.  We should have been going to Voyageur but their generator engineer (see, it’s not just us) is still working.  I am very good and just drink water.  There’s a limit to all this drinking for me and to be honest, I can’t afford the calories!

We go out eat with Irene and Dick (Tucanon) and Susan and David (Voyageur) to the Indian restaurant.  On the way, there is a performance by a local dance troupe which we stand and watch.  I love it.  The girls’ movements are so fluid and I don’t know how they get their hips to move like that.  I wish mine would!

P1010620 Photo:  Local Fijian dancers

The Indian restaurant comes up trumps again with a great meal.  Even Susan and David who are not curry eaters enjoy it.  Today the food is served really quickly too, even though it is very full, unlike the other night when it was slow – and nearly empty!

P1010622 Photo:  Curry munchers at Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment