07 August 2010

Day 213: Mackay, Australia – 07/08/10

What a beautiful day.  It’s still cold in the mornings, but the dampness has gone and the boat no longer drips with condensation.  There are no clouds in the sky although the breeze is cool and it feels cold in the breeze if you are out of the sun.  Why couldn’t it have been like this when Johanne and Steve were here?

Mike has a day lined up with boat jobs – changing engine oil and filters etc – so I decide to do some more laundry and general household stuff, so not an exciting day at all.

We ‘pop’ over to Chessie for a goodbye drink with Jutta and Jochem.  They are leaving tomorrow for the trip north through the Whitsundays and Cairns.  Of course, ‘pop’ is a euphemism, and we stay longer than we intend, although Mike is careful not to overdo it with Jutta’s lethal rum punch and I sensibly stay with white wine.

P1020720 Photo:  Jutta and Jochem – I love the new haircut but he can’t wait for it to grow – sounds like me!

Back on Jeannius, I am able to talk to Victoria on Skype for the first time in ages.  It’s so lovely to hear her voice – I can’t wait to see her in November.

We have a lovely dinner, watch TV then head off to bed.  I desperately need to catch up on some shut eye as I have been sleeping so badly recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment