18 April 2009

Cane Garden Bay, Day 1

I awake refreshed from the journey the day before.  I know I moaned for England about Mike buying me the cheapest ticket he could find (in an effort, I suspect, to discourage me from travelling back to the UK again), but with a stopover in New York, it really wasn’t too bad.  You’ll have to think again, Mike!

Kev arrives to help winch Mike up the mast so that he can fix the anchor light but they both decide that it is too windy and there is too much of a swell for Mike to feel comfortable doing this, even though Kev provides him with a bosun’s chair which is far superior to ours so they set about cleaning and repairing winches instead.

All this male activity is too much for me and I decide to head over to Invincible to see if Jo fancies some female company.  The poor girl didn’t object, and eventually, 5 hours later the men arrive to find us still nattering.  Neither of them seem particularly surprised that we are still going strong.

The 4 of us have a few drinks and then we head back to raid the cupboards again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment