25 April 2009

Cane Garden Bay, Day 5

Mike and Kev get a taxi into Road Town today as Mike has been unable to successfully locate the spares he needs for the broken anchor light by phone and needs to do another round trip of all the chandlers and Kev has chores to do as well.

I wile away the time quite nicely, as only I can do (heaven knows what I actually do) and I am in the middle of making a huge pan of dhal when Mike arrives back, sheepishly announcing that he and Kev ate at Simply Delicious, again, in Road Town.  I eat the dhal!

Later, Jo arrives in the dinghy to take me to get the last of the provisioning for our trip.  Mike’s main concern is that he is running out of ginger beer for his Dark and Stormy cocktails.  I am in serious in dereliction of my wifely duties if I allow this happen, so off we go.

In the evening after dinner, we head over to Invincible to join Kev and Jo for a drink or three, taking with us our computer as we are going to swop boating related stuff.  I think we get more than we give, especially, as Jo hands over some books by an author I have never read before, Anita Shreve.  Getting enough reading material is always a problem.  Many places have ‘book swop’ facilities but you never know what you are going to find, and I always feel guilty about taking a book if I cannot leave one in exchange.  Sorry, Jo, you lost out today!

We had a lovely evening and a late one too – not back on our boat until after 11 when our usual bedtime is around 9.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment