26 April 2010

Day 111: Fakarava, Tuamotus to Tahiti – 26/04/10

The day passes in a haze of stomach pain.  I am incapable of doing anything much to help Mike and am just glad that nothing needs doing.  There is no wind – literally less than one knot – and we motor relentlessly on through flat calm seas, which looks more like a mirror than any sea I recognise.

I am terrified that Mike will get this too and keep as far away from him as possible, when all I really want is someone to cuddle me and rub my tummy.  Luckily we have food prepared in the fridge that he can eat.

Even though I know this is ‘just’ a stomach bug, when you are alone at sea and things go wrong your imagination can get ahead of you, but rather than anything exotic I actually think that there might have been some vile little bacterial left inside my guts from the Galapagos that has just flared up again when something else tipped the balance.  I probably need to get some antibiotics just to make sure when I get to Tahiti.  At least today the aching in my skin and muscles has stopped, and I am no longer hot and dry, but back to the less hot but sweaty state.  I think I prefer the former!

 

Our position is:  17 deg 14 min S, 148 deg 02 min W

Distance so far:  6542 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment