22 December 2009

Grenada Day 20

We meet Gerry, Nancy and their puppy, the delightful Molly in the restaurant as they are going to take us into the mountains to see a bit more of Grenada and their house.

P1010145Photo:  Molly, a Blue Lacy , with blue/grey eyes

You can feel the air cool as the car climbs the hillside.  Apparently the top is shrouded in mist a lot of the time but today we have clear blue skies.  The house and gardens are absolutely beautiful.  It was built two years ago and is timber framed.  The views are stunning.

P1010151 P1010153 P1010154 P1010163 P1010164 P1010156 Photos:  Views of Nancy and Gerry’s beautiful mountainside home

They grow most (if not all) of the fruit that is used in the restaurant at La Sagesse and the grounds are tended by a lovely Rasta guy who lives in a little house there.  What a beautiful spot.

P1010155Photo:  Nancy and Gerry on their veranda 

They take us back to the boatyard where the views are not as beautiful!  I put another coat on the blue boot stripe which looks marginally better than it did with just one and Mike fiddles with the dinghy, devising a system for pulling it up higher than we have been able to for our long passages, and another coat of anti fouling goes on – a nice pale blue colour, as requested by Victoria. our daughter.

As usual, we are the last people working in the boatyard, and we leave absolutely exhausted.  I know I take the piss out of the speed the guys work here but I have to say, the heat really saps your strength.

When we get back to the hotel, I grab my netbook and head for the bar.  There is a good wifi signal there and supplies of Sauvignon Blanc.  I have two very large glasses (thanks Sammy) and a long session on Skype.  Very late I wander back to our cottage to find Mike flat out, already asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see Nancy's house. I heard about it last year, but now I can see pictures!

    ReplyDelete