26 March 2011

Day 444: St George, Grenada – 26/03/11

I wake up some time after 5 am, not feeling like death (which I should) but not exactly on top form.  I lie there for a couple of hours in the twilight zone before my need for a cup of tea overrides my desire to stay in bed.  For once, Mike stays inert.  I think he’s faking sleep but let him get away with it for once.

A quiet day in the marina is just what is called for and that’s what we have.  I manage to update all the blog with the photos from the recent passage and do a little tidying up.  Bev and Moe bring their bags over – they are doing the last bit of the rally with us along with Bev’s dad, Stuart, who we met in Mauritius.

In the evening we go for a meal in the marina and join Graham and Mike from Eowyn, and Rui and Anna from Thor VI.  I am craving fresh green stuff and opt for a Caesar salad with blackened chicken, very simple and very good – washed down with water.  We are doing an island tour tomorrow and I want to enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!
    Fantastic achievement, well done both of you. We are very proud of you!
    All our love,
    Terry, Ann and little Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and Jean;
    Good on ya! Sandi and I followed your adventures for the past year and have enjoyed reading your log. We met in the La Sagesse Nature Center in Grenada while you were finishing the final touches on Jeannius before embarking north and enjoyed a splash of wine or two.
    John Mizulo and Sandi Kennedy of Fat Dash

    ReplyDelete