15 November 2010

Day 313: Richards Bay, South Africa – 15/11/10

We continue to get the run-around about the generator and end up no further forward after a morning of phone calls and e-mails.  In order to do something productive, we take a trip to the mall today to get my passport photos done.  No smiling is allowed these days in the photos and so I look like a right miserable cow.  On top of that the harsh light of the shop and the very bright white background coupled with my very blonde hair actually makes it look like I have no hair at all in the picture, and this I have to carry around for the next ten years.  How embarrassing.  We get a few bits of food shopping and head back to the marina.

In the evening we go out for dinner with the crew from Brown Eyed Girl to Porkeys on the waterfront.  Although only a short distance away, we have been advised to get a taxi.  No one walks anywhere at night it would seem in South Africa.  On the way there, we pass some huge waterfront properties, all with the same high walls topped with electric fences.  I have to say I couldn’t stand living like this.

We have a lovely meal in good company.  Joe, Jared and Oisin have been cleaning the boat like mad in order to get it ready for Judy’s arrival tomorrow, but will their cleaning be up to her standards?  I offer to go over in the morning to give it a woman’s eye, but my standards have lowered so much since living on the boat (if that’s possible) that I am not sure it is a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment