04 May 2011

Tortola, BVI – 04/05/11

God, I can’t believe it.  The day continues exhaustingly the same as yesterday.  Our cupboards are like a tardis – bigger on the inside than on the outside!  I swear our stuff has been having sex and multiplying as quickly as I can pack it. 

I manage to pack our two bags for bringing home.  I can’t lift them off the bed though and just hope that this is because the bed is nearly 5 foot off the floor and the angle is wrong.  How much excess baggage are we going to be paying for?  We will be OK for the BA flight from San Juan to Gatwick but the flight from St Thomas to San Juan is only an island hopper and we only get 15 kilos free.  Yikes.

Ruth comes over to say hello and we drink a toast to Walt and discuss the last months.  Sad to say the least.

In the late afternoon I have run out of things to do so drive over the Nanny Cay to see the Crazy Horse gang.  Again I expect to see them back on the water but the problems continue and they are still on the hard with a view to going back in on Friday.  Bill wants to take us out for dinner but I know Mike is too exhausted and stressed (and I’m not far behind him on both counts) to enjoy himself even on a free dinner so we postpone to tomorrow and hope that things will be better then.  Somehow I fear they won’t be.

We continue into the evening doing little jobs that we have been meaning to do for ages.  Mike keeps crossing things off his ‘to do’ list but as quickly as he does, we think of new ones.

Shitty day! 

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! If you can sail around the world, you can pack up the boat. Glad you got to talk to Ruth. Hope to see you in July.

    Doug & Melissa (Galeaux)

    ReplyDelete