23 March 2010

Day 77: Galapagos to Hiva Oa, Marquesas – 23/03/10

I’m getting to the point here where there is really nothing to write about.  We eat, drink, sleep, read, watch TV and scan the horizon with breathless anticipation of seeing something other than nothing but, yet again, nothing is all we get. 

Having said that, I do see something in the water today – a huge, brown shape that comes to the surface about 200 yards away, then goes down before I can guess what it is.  After a while of scanning the surface of the sea for the chance of another glimpse, I begin to wonder if I am hallucinating.

Still, the wind and sea are being kind, too kind in fact, as our progress is painfully slow again.  I’m now beginning to wonder if we are even going to get there before Saturday.

Mike optimistically puts the fishing line out again.  We have run out of decent lures and he is now resorting to adding brightly coloured balloons to the lures in an attempt to attract the fish.  It doesn’t work. 

I cut my hair again (must feed the scissor addiction) then colour it.  Interestingly, the colour comes out completely differently from before even though I am using the same stuff.  Mike actually prefers it as it is a darker blonde.  I’m not bothered as I know the sun will bleach it out in a few weeks.

 

Our position is:  09 deg 25 min S, 133 deg 37 min W

Distance so far:  5271 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment